Happy Independence Day!
I love our country!
My family, girlfriend Dani, and I ran the East Millcreek 5K early Friday morning to celebrate our independence. The race started at 7am so we were up early. My dad and I got there around 6:35. After warming up with Dani, stretching and doing strides the race was starting. I found a spot on the 2nd row. I started quickly off the gunshot, putting myself into 2nd place next to Thatcher Olsen, a kid who also ran at Skyline High School, but after I did. He's on his way to BYU to run for their program this fall.
I tried to stay with Thatcher as long as possible but lost him before a mile. He took the 1st mile out fast- 5:00! And three of us were right behind him. The group thinned and I slipped into 4th place during the 2nd mile where I sustained my position and finished out. I was exhausted by the finish line, and crossed the line in just over 17 minutes.
I was happy for my family and Dani. Dani placed 8th overall on the women's side, running just under 22 minutes with a cold. My dad and my sister Ali also received medals for placing in their age divisions and my sister Emma placed 4th in her age group. They did awesome!
Go America!
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The 5K was way fun. Too bad I'm the black sheep of the family - the only one who failed to win a medal. Oh well, maybe next year. Thanks for inspiring me to run.
Post a Comment