Our 2nd race of the year was in Provo on September 6th. Our coach thought we'd try something new- everyone running together for the first 1.5 miles of the 5 mile race. Unfortunately, with so many teams crammed into the starting chute, we quickly all separated from one another.
I took the 1st mile out really slow so I wouldn't have a week 1 repeat of dying in the race. I sped up as I went, finishing strong, and felt good about the race (finished 10th on my team.) I was so happy to have my parents, Dani, and my high school coach there to cheer me on. I really loved their support!
Race #3 of the season was an 8K (5 miles) held in Bozeman, Montana. It was a fun road trip for our team- we stopped multiple times on our way to the race in Yellowstone Park to see wildlife and geysers...The race was Sat 9/20 at a golf course. I'm so proud of my team's performance! We finished 2nd overall of 15 teams, beating Wyoming and Montana State who were ranked ahead of us in the regional polls. Heavenly Father truly blessed me that race, as I was able to PR with a 25:59 and finish in the top 30 overall. I'm so thankful for His help in my life.
Next up we have the Notre Dame Invitational on Friday in South Bend! I'm so excited and know that our team will perform well!
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Nate, I'm so proud of you! Congrats again on your Bozeman race. Good luck tomorrow at Notre Dame (hope the foot's okay).
Post a Comment