I'm so proud of Dani! This morning she ran the Top of Utah half marathon here in Cache Valley in a time of 1:36.06. This not only was her PR but also good enough for 1st place in her age division! She let me run the last 5 miles or so with her and I was inspired by her effort. She truly gave it her all! And as a bonus she got to take home a large rock with a skinny wire Indian figure on top as her award. :-)
This week provided a great opportunity for my fellow teammates and I to give what we had. To start our team's cross-country camp on Wednesday we had to do a 15K (9.3 miles) time trial in Logan. It was an out-and-back course with road and trail mixed. After two miles I was running with Ben and Chio, who finished 1 and 2 respectively. Unfortunately at mile 3 we hit some nasty uphills that wasted me and put me way back. I was running 10th on the team from just under mile 4 until about mile 6. About there I was able to pick up my pace again and use some downhill to get back into the 7th position. I finished the 15K at the 8th spot on our team in a time of 54:35. I'm neither proud of myself nor disappointed. It was a good effort, not a great one, but I'm happy. I know I can improve and be in the varstiy top 7 and even into one of the top 5 scoring spots very soon.
The time trial definately wasted me. I had to take two naps on both Wed and Thursday and sleep tons both those nights. I've had a headache and very sore legs. Luckily today I feel much better!
Our camp at Bearlake was fun. In addition to running each morning we had lots of fun swimming, going on a ropeswing and dropping into Bloomington Lake, playing cards, eating well, going to a play, and of course watching the Olympics. The 14 on our team and the 14 girls on the girls' team were all able to bond and have fun! I think we're all ready to give it our all this season!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go Dani! What a star. It must have been the training at the beach. Hope the first week of school is going well. Good luck with your race this weekend!
Post a Comment